honestly...

I have been m.i.a. from blogger world for far too long. My absence was due in part to the unbelievably frantic pace at which I've been running for the past two weeks, and in part because I frankly didn't feel like I had much happiness to share with the world. I know we can all appreciate some honest melancholy sometimes, but every day gets old even for me - and I'm usually the one living in it.

So, contrary to the recent days and weeks I'm feeling quite satisfied with myself today. I've shocked even myself with the amount I've accomplished prior to 11:00 this morning. I know this will impress very few of you, but it's quite a feat for me, so please, allow me to share...

my morning began not quite bright, but very early at 5:25.
we left the house around 5:45 to head to the gym for a workout
post workout Peter headed off to work and I returned home and made a fried egg and toast for breakfast (w. a little Italian seasoning and some sharp white cheddar - mmm)
after devouring said breakfast Bexley and I took our morning jaunt, and went just a little farther than usual since there were kids waiting at the bus stop.
this was followed by showering, getting dressed and coffee (which I am still nursing)
I've also cleaned up the kitchen, put away some things which were misplaced this weekend, caught up on a few of my blogs (still have a few more to check), and checked all email.

Scoff if you'd like, but it was a full morning for me, and I plan on rewarding myself with a nap this afternoon.

April has been a very busy month, and May promises more of the same. 

Things have been interesting on the house front. The most promising house I saw last week, went off the market this weekend, but another one I liked (although it's a bit scary b/c there's possible roof damage) went off and came back on.

Since we're not actually going back to look again until next Monday it will be interesting to see what happens between now and then. 

Everything has been a bit of a roller coaster ride recently, and I'm not really sure what to expect next. Peter is so much better than I am at leaving everything in God's hands (where everything belongs), while I like to take things out and pretend I'm actually holding them before breaking them and giving them back for Him to fix.

I'm currently learning a lot about patience, but unfortunately it's not by choice, so I've been a very disgruntled student. 

Sometimes I look back over my life and I wonder how I got from there to here. It seems so strange that of all the days I've lived, I remember so few of them vividly. Sometimes I wonder how much the ordinary days have shaped me. How much of me has been shaped by the immense, colossal experiences, and how much has been shaped by the mundane everyday occurrences?

I wonder how different my life would be if I had lived one day, just one day, differently.



there's some
food for thought.

Comments

most popular