pieces




don't walk away
turn and stay.
stay here with me.
i don't want you to
leave.

why do i keep getting
lonely?
why do i feel like an
outsider
and ugly?

i talk to myself in
ways you wouldn't
believe --
unless you're like me.

struggling to hold
the pieces of your
brokenness together too.
trying to find the glue.

instead
should we let the gold
show through?

highlight our broken pieces
and show who we are
behind all of the scars.

the fear and anxiety
bubble to the surface.
tell me
what my worth is.

if i let down my guard
there is no going back.
a city without walls
and all of that.

but how else do we heal?
don't we have to feel?

i have to own my own life
even if there's a knife
in my back.

let it all fade to black.

then arise
let the light pour in 
behind my eyes.
try again.

it's the only way to grow.

and what happens 
if we don't?

xoxo



Comments

most popular