autumnal equinox

i have a love-love relationship with fall. and a love-hate relationship with the south's version of fall.

this evening i love fall. there are mini pumpkins and gourds placed around my house. there are pumpkin spice, and cinnamon, and apple candles lit. there is hot apple cider. my screen door is open so that the cool night breeze and the noise of the crickets can both find their way inside.

now i have made my peace with my surroundings. i'm remembering all that i love about this season. earlier today, however, when i stayed indoors so as to avoid the heat wave that reached 86℉ outside the walls of my house, and i had to turn the a/c up - then i was less than peaceful.

fall is my absolute favorite time of year, and yet, growing up in pittsburgh i have an idea of what fall should be. and 86° has no place in my idea of fall.

fall looks less like summer, and more like this:


Source: flickr.com via Darci on Pinterest















Source: etsy.com via Kate on Pinterest



Source: google.ca via Kate on Pinterest














happy fall!

Comments

most popular