the slow tick of time flying by

This week has been strange. Good, but strange. I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp of sorts, but at the same time I feel like I have gained a lot of much needed perspective. This week - like life - has had its ups and downs. There were things I absolutely expected coming in, and there are things that slapped me in the face. 

It would be almost impossible to explain the full range of feelings I've experienced this week so I'm not really going to try. Being away from Peter is always hard, but I've tried to keep my chin up and help out here as much as I could, which is what I came here to do.

There is so much I wish I could explain, but it hasn't settled in my head enough for me to verbalize it in a way that makes sense.

Words slip from my fingertips into an abyss. My head is spinning as I try to collect the thoughts floating around me. Stick with me as I pull them down.

This week has showed me how hard life is, and how dramatically roles can change in the span of a few short years. It has shown me how important all exercise is. Mental sharpness is crucial for living a full, robust life, and it's hard to watch it slip away from someone so dear to me. 

I have questioned much this week, and have gotten few answers, but I have relished the time I've had for various reasons. 

I can't change the past, but I can trust that God is in control of the future.

and I leave it in His hands tonight

Comments

most popular