"where were you when everything was falling apart"

you found me.

I know almost everyone has probably heard The Fray's new song already, but I listened to it again today, and I was blown away once again by the honesty of the lyrics and the beauty of the composition. Through my walk I have time and again wondered where God was when things were falling apart. It has taken me more than a few years and experiences to learn that he is always there - even when it doesn't feel like it. 

Yesterday I heard something that changed my outlook a little bit - God is more concerned with your holiness than your happiness. There have been many times when I have wondered where God is and what he's doing, but he has a way of making all things work together, not just for good, but in a way that draws people to himself. It was somewhat of a revelation because even though I have trusted him to make things work together for good, I've never really tried to make more sense of it. I've sort of known it without putting words to it.

Peering at my life through this new lens is suddenly giving things shape that used to be nothing but a blur. 

There are always things that we will have to accept on faith, always things that don't make sense to our human minds, but it's also nice when things come together, and suddenly become much simpler to explain, even if it doesn't necessarily make it easier for everyone to fully understand. 

I have been struggling a bit lately. I've been sick and fairly out of it, and even though I'm starting to move past the sickness I feel like I'm still moving at a glacial pace.

Spring has officially arrived in Charlotte. I'm wondering if it will go back to "normal" before we hit the end of February. It's kind of strange to me that about a week ago it was snowing, and yet it has been in the 70s for the past five days. 

I'm hoping it at least goes back to normal "winter" weather for Charlotte (meaning 55 degree days) otherwise the trend may continue and we may have numerous 110 degree days this summer...which wouldn't be fun.

Well, I'm off to accomplish something today - hopefully outside.

here's to a good book 
and a giant mug of coffee
preferably enjoyed at a sidewalk cafe

Comments

most popular