"feeling like you've got no place to run..."

"...please don't stop the rain."

it's odd how much is going on today since there is virtually NOTHING actually going on. i'm torn about so much.

s
t
r
a
i
g
h
t

down the

m
i
d
d
l
e.

thoughts rattle through my mind like a mini whirlpool of swirl. which one would i regret more?
what if...?
what IF?
WHAT IF??

what if i train train train? will i always wonder if it set us back?
what if i don't? and STILL nothing happens. how big will my regret be?

how? why? when?
WHAT DO I DO?

what do you do when your biggest life aspiration eludes you?
over and over and OVER
again


i can't make it better
i have no control
part of me wants to scream and throw things
part of me wants to wallow in a pool of tears

so

i'm asking
i'm petitioning
i'm fasting

i'm at the end
of my rope

and i DON'T KNOW
what to do.

i have no option
because i have no choice

on days like these
(and there have been
19
of these exact days)
i can feel
the hope seep slowly
out of my body
each breath
releases more

distractions don't work

nothing does

i can write
scream
cry
wallow
run
eat
shop
read
cook
bake
watch tv
or movies

it makes
no difference

i still feel
as though i'm held together
by straight pins
piercing
every time i turn

numbing myself
is the only tactic
that could work

but too often
i feel

Comments

most popular