weekend fullness

i cannot remember the last weekend i had at home without peter. i'm not sure it has actually happened in the past four years to be completely honest. most of his work trips take him away for a few short days during the week and he's back for the weekend. this past weekend i had to fend for myself.

i had a lazy saturday morning making my christmas list alongside some coffee and pumpkin bread. i stayed in my pjs, and made a "universal wish list" on amazon.

{via ourlittlebeehive.com}

it was nice to take a saturday "off" of sorts. i spent a little bit of time working on studying the book of james which was what i taught in sunday school this morning. i love james, and i've studied james before. however, after reading one of the commentaries i think i have a better understanding of james 1 than i ever had before.

"consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." james 1: 2-4

this passage [as far as i can tell...] was always meant to be encouraging, and now it is much more so than it ever was before.


i also got to look through and appreciate a few pictures taken from jumping in the leaves with my niece and nephew on my trip up to the 'burgh last week.


we had so.much.fun. or at least i did!

last night i got to hang out with a few people i haven't seen for a while, and thoroughly enjoyed getting an inside peek into a fabulous ministry.

today i had lunch with my in-laws [yes i do LIKE my in-laws], met with my fabulous small group girls, and finished it off with a fun night with my youth kiddos.

currently i'm in the middle of a mug of cider, and a mini-marathon of "everybody loves raymond." it's about time to crawl into bed.

thank goodness my hubby
comes home tomorrow!

Comments

most popular